Hessian Hill Farm is very excited about the addition of two greenhouses!
Beginning May 1 our greenhouses will be open on weekends or by appointment and custom orders are always welcome.
We’ll have one greenhouse in full bloom by Mothers Day, bedecked with hanging baskets and trays of petunias, million bells, zinnias, baccopia, cosmos, coleus, sweet potato vines, ivys and more! We’ll also have both fresh and dried herbs available for purchase. If you’re feeling culinarily creative, we’ll have nasturtiums, pansies, violas and other floral edibles.
Behind the floral greenhouse are fields of flowers for cut-your-own bouquets. Or, purchase them pre-cut to arrange your own. If you’re not feeling the creative juices flowing, we’ll have arranged bouquets, too!
In our other greenhouse we will be growing produce for purchase during your visit. This summer, we’ll be growing:
- Tomatoes — heirloom and hybrid
- Peppers — red, green and hot
- Squash — yellow summer squash and zuccini
- Leafy Greens — Swiss chard, kale, collards, spinach and a variety of lettuces
- Beans — yellow and green
- Peas — shelling and sugar snaps
- Eggplant — fairytale, Italian and more
- Garlic — red German, white German and a vareity of heirlooms
If you’re looking for something sweet, our fields and trees will be bearing fruit throughout the season, including raspberries, peaches and apples.